Kuleana Program - March 6, 9, 10, 2020
Start off with a fun outing at Ala Moana, then work with 38 students from Shiga, Japan in a 2-day site visit adventure and presentation preparation and presentations.
Time & Location
2020年3月06日 8:00 – 2020年3月10日 17:00
O‘ahu, O‘ahu, Hawaii, USA
About the Event
PrIMPORTANT: NEW ISLANDER APPLICANTS MUST FIRST APPLY TO BECOME AN LBE HAWAII LEADER STAFF BEFORE REGISTERING. TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
This is a KULEANA: Sustainable Hawaii Education Program with the theme of SUSTAINABILITY. LbE Hawaii is seeking Program Leaders (called "Islanders") to support this program on Oahu. Islanders MUST be available throughout the entirety (start time to end time per day and all days) of this program in order to particiapte.
HOW TO REGISTER
Candidates shall submit their interest of participating in this registration form. If you did not yet APPLY to become a NEW ISLANDER, please first apply HERE.
LbE Hawaii will contact registrants via email ASAP. Selected Islanders must verify their availability and ability to do the program(s) to be considered to work in the program.
- Free Time at Ala Moana Center
- Beach Cleanup in Kahuku in Partnership with Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii
- Upcycling Art Project - Create art with microplastics from beach clean up
- Waikiki Adopt a Block Clean Up
- UH Campus Sustainability Tour
- Project Preparation & Presentation
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
Friday, 3/6 - 2PM ~ 4:45PM (meet and end at Ala Moana Shopping Center)
Monday, 3/9 - 7:30AM ~ 5PM (meet and end at the Aston Waikiki Banyan Hotel)
Tuesday, 3/10 - 8:15AM ~ 4PM (meet and end at UH Manoa)
- Bronze (1~5 programs completed) = $220.00 + 600 Paradise Points
- Silver (6~10 programs compelted) = $225.00 + 750 Paradise Points
- Gold (11~15 programs completed) = $230.00 + 900 Paradise Points
- Platinum (16+ programs completed) = $235.00 + 1,050 Paradise Points
- **On-Time CASH Bonus $5.00 per day
- Paradise Points
- Daily Lunch x 2 days
- Admission to all site visits and activities
- Chartered bus transportation to all site visits (must provide own transportation to meeting point and return trip home, daily)
*A modest compensation stipend is provided to Islanders in the form of a check, paypal, or gift card for their time away from work or school. LbE Hawaii is NOT meant to be considered a "part time job" nor "gig-work." Our programs are designed to provide not only visiting students from Japan a chance to learn, but also a chance for participating LbE Hawaii Leaders to gain a one-of-a-kind experience. These experiences look excellent on a resume. We can only compensate individuals capable of working in the U.S. All registrants will be required to fill out a W9 Form.
**ON-TIME BONUS = $5.00 CASH given to Islander who arrives to the program ON-TIME. Late arrivals will still receive their guaranteed compensation
LIMITED TIME REFERRAL BONUS
We need YOUR help to refer YOUR friends, colleagues, and family to our programs.
*Refer a friend who is able to participate in any of our program(s) and receive $15.00 CASH for each friend you refer. If you're able to participate in the same program as your friend, you will receive $5.00 extra!
IMPORTANT: NEW ISLANDER APPLICANTS MUST FIRST APPLY TO BECOME AN LBE HAWAII LEADER STAFF BEFORE REGISTERING. TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.