Project Paradise Site-Based Program - March 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 2020
Not gonna lie...this is a random one! But sometimes, random adventures are the BEST adventures. Spend 5 days with students from southern Japan in various site visits and activities in Oahu!
Time & Location
2020年3月05日 8:00 – 2020年3月11日 16:00
O‘ahu, O‘ahu, Hawaii, USA
About the Event
PrIMPORTANT: NEW ISLANDER APPLICANTS MUST FIRST APPLY TO BECOME AN LBE HAWAII LEADER STAFF BEFORE REGISTERING. TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
This is a site-based program with multiple field trips and activities. LbE Hawaii is seeking Program Leaders (called "Islanders") to support this program on Oahu. Islanders MUST be available throughout the entirety (start time to end time per day and all days) of this program in order to particiapte.
HOW TO REGISTER
Candidates shall submit their interest of participating in this registration form. If you did not yet APPLY to become a NEW ISLANDER, please first apply HERE.
LbE Hawaii will contact registrants via email ASAP. Selected Islanders must verify their availability and ability to do the program(s) to be considered to work in the program.
- Arizona Memorial - Pearl Harbor
- Hale Aloha (Islander cultural presentation)
- Cultural Seminar
- GameShow in Paradise
- Aloha Discussion
- Seminar on Hawaiian vs. Japan Food at KCC
- Activity Visit at Safeway Grocery Store
- Activity Visit at Leonard's Malasadas
- Greenrows Farm Tour
- Hawaii Plantation Village Tour
- Elementary School Exchange
- Dole Plantation
- Final Presentation
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
Thursday, 3/5 - 8AM ~ 4PM (meet and end at UH Manoa)
Friday, 3/6 - 8:30AM ~ 4PM (meet at KCC and end at Kapiolani Park Bandstand)
Monday, 3/9 - 8:00AM ~ 4PM (meet and end at the UH Manoa)
Tuesday, 3/10 - 7:45AM ~ 4:15PM (meet and end at UH Manoa)
Wednesday, 3/11 - 8:30AM ~ 4PM (meet at UH Manoa and end at Ala Moana Center)
- Bronze (1~5 programs completed) = $370.00 + 1,000 Paradise Points
- Silver (6~10 programs compelted) = $375.00 + 1,250 Paradise Points
- Gold (11~15 programs completed) = $380.00 + 1,500 Paradise Points
- Platinum (16+ programs completed) = $385.00 + 1,750 Paradise Points
- **On-Time CASH Bonus $5.00 per day
- Paradise Points
- Daily Lunch x 5 days
- Admission to all site visits and activities
- Chartered bus transportation to all site visits (must provide own transportation to meeting point and return trip home, daily)
*A modest compensation stipend is provided to Islanders in the form of a check, paypal, or gift card for their time away from work or school. LbE Hawaii is NOT meant to be considered a "part time job" nor "gig-work." Our programs are designed to provide not only visiting students from Japan a chance to learn, but also a chance for participating LbE Hawaii Leaders to gain a one-of-a-kind experience. These experiences look excellent on a resume. We can only compensate individuals capable of working in the U.S. All registrants will be required to fill out a W9 Form.
**ON-TIME BONUS = $5.00 CASH given to Islander who arrives to the program ON-TIME. Late arrivals will still receive their guaranteed compensation
LIMITED TIME REFERRAL BONUS
We need YOUR help to refer YOUR friends, colleagues, and family to our programs.
*Refer a friend who is able to participate in any of our program(s) and receive $15.00 CASH for each friend you refer. If you're able to participate in the same program as your friend, you will receive $5.00 extra!
IMPORTANT: NEW ISLANDER APPLICANTS MUST FIRST APPLY TO BECOME AN LBE HAWAII LEADER STAFF BEFORE REGISTERING. TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.